Good morning! There's this big yellow globe up in the sky this morning....what's it called? Oh yeah, the SUN. So glad the sun has finally come out after all the rain (but our lawn never looked so good)!
Just a few things:
1. Father Birendra, Lenny, and I just don't feel like working today. We've all agreed to shut the office at 12:00 noon instead of 1:00 p.m. Aren't we just bad !!!! But we will save on salary and electricity, so there is an upside to closing early. The phones will be on the answering service and I can pick up emergency eMail messages at home if you need me.
2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not put out "glass" containers with flowers at the Statue of Our Blessed Mother. They fall over, crack, break, and one of us has to pick up the shards of glass. Not good. Please stop.
3. For anyone coming to the office today, just be careful coming up the ramp. Lenny fixed some cracked concrete on the ramp and we have out hazard cones to let people be aware of where they should walk.
4. No more procrastination! Remember how I've been telling all of you that Joan and I just never finished cleaning out our "finance" closet. Well we did it! Not only that closet, but all the closets in the office. We're so happy we just don't know what to do with ourselves! And I already told you last week that Fathers cleaned their offices too. Progress at the rectory.
5. FREE GIVEAWAYS: So with the cleaning of the closets, we found some materials that we thought parishioners might like to have. Here's what we found and will be placed on the table at the front entrance of the church when I leave at noon today: (1) Four extra Sunday Missal Prayerbooks and Hymnals for 2021; (2) Five lovely Our Lady of Guadalupe "Mother of Hope" pins; (3) Nine CDs of Monte Maria "A Musical Tribute to our Lady of Montemaria" by Fr. Jeff Shannon; (4) Fifteen 8 x 10 color photos of Divine Mercy Jesus; (5) 2022 calendars that come to the office from various charities that we belong to (Shriner's, American Cancer Society, etc.); (6) Small white linen cloths whose function was to wipe the Precious Blood from the chalice if necessary. But these were never used. There are about a dozen cloths. Very small. Could be used as hankies. They have been bleached, laundered, and ironed. Great condition!
6. One of our dear parishioners, Jeri Urban, had the NERVE to phone last week and tell me NOT to give up on the hummingbirds. One came to her feeder and she saw him!!! Other parishioners have also phoned to say they see them in their backyards. FINE, I'll keep the faith and hope to see at least one before summer ends.
That's it for now! Have a great weekend! We're off to a wedding tomorrow. Haven't been to one of those in ages. What am I going to wear? Oh, I know, whatever fits!
Paula (and Joan too)
on Friday, July 16 at 9:48AM