Update to Baptism
Thank you to all the moms and dads who reached out to me to schedule a baptism for their child/children. I think I reached out to every family who wrote or called me last evening and today. If I didn't contact you, please please please send me another message! Remember to include a phone number so I can reach you.
I'm going to restate the parameters for baptisms after the few updates below.
The below updates cover questions that came up with every phone call:
1. There will only be "your" family at the baptism. There will not be multiple families with their babies at one ceremony.
2. The church is fully cleaned after each mass; hence, when the 11:00 a.m. mass ends at 12:00 noon, a team of volunteers cleans the entire church. Then we will proceed with the baptism ceremony at 12:30 p.m.
3. For social distancing, St. Mark church can hold 66 guests. All pews are marked for proper social distancing. Your guests will be able to find a seat easily.
4. Attendees will wear a mask at all times.
5. Please put your minds at ease! The clergy will be wearing a mask and gloves.
6. I was asked several times: there is absolutely NO fee for a baptism. If a family wishes to make a donation to the church or the clergy it is at their discretion, and according to their pocketbook.
Due to covid-19, there will be new parameters:
1. Only one family at a time shall have a child/children baptized.
2. Baptisms will be booked on a first come/first served basis.
3. Baptisms will only take place on Sundays.
4. Due to our new mass schedule, baptisms will take place at 12:30 p.m. instead of 1:00 p.m.
5. First-time parents of a child being baptized are required to take the pre-baptismal class.
6. We will be holding a pre-baptismal class on Tuesday, July 14, at 7:30 p.m. in the Upper Room. Please email Paula Mollica at firstname.lastname@example.org to register, or phone the rectory at 203-377-0444.
7. To schedule a baptism, please contact Paula Mollica at email@example.com.
Father Birendra, Father Russ, and Deacons Andy, Emmet, and Paul are all looking forward to meeting the newest little members of the St. Mark parish family of faith!
on Thursday, June 25 at 6:27PM